July 09, 2007

My Spiritual Journey: Interlude

This post has nothing to do with my trip bu I wanted to get this out there sooner rather than later.

If you have seen the Transformers movie (awesome, by the way) then chances are you have seen the trailer for the as of yet unnamed new JJ Abrams flick, the production name is Cloverfield, but you can view the trailer at Apple's website under the name 1-18-08. (the release date)

The website is also up but leaves much to be desired. There are two pictures that you can rotate or, if you leave them be, they will move on their own. Website is here.

There's been a ton of interesting speculation about what exactly the movie is about. Some peope say Godzilla, some are saying Cthulu. There are many reference to "a parasite" on internet rumor forums. It's a very captivating trailer and if you want to get in on the conspiracy side of it check out www.ethanhaaswasright.com, some of these imdb threads (login required) and a youtube search of "cloverfield".

It's probably just a monster movie and some group is running a tight viral marketing campaign, but at the very least the trailer is bad ass.

19 comments:

Tits McGee said...

Badass for sure. If it's Cthulhu, I'll fucking pee my pants with excitement. Not that Godzilla wouldn't be cool, too, but I so heart me some Lovecraft.

Thanks for the linkage!

Nick said...

There's a lot of confusion over Lovecraft's copyrights too. As I understand it, Cthulhu will be public domain in January of '08. The same time a certain movie comes out.

Dun! Dun! Dun!

Flounder said...

Looks like a wicked good movie.

Maybe it's Dracolan sent by the Gargoyle gang, and Giant Robot is going to save the day.

Sysm said...

I always cried out "Cthulhu" when George Takei and I would...


no. too easy.

Sound Of Silence said...

I'm so excited to see it... I freakin love JJ Abrams.

Übermilf said...

I thought Cthulhu was some old Celtic dude.

miss kendra said...

i just heard about this trailer the other day. thanks for providing the link, as i am terminally lazy.

jiggs said...

i heart bad ass trailers

Terasita said...

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Nick said...

I hate Non-Euclidean geometry.

AlGato said...

Oh you and your parallel postulate.

Terasita said...

Roughly translated - "In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."

Terasita said...

This is the one for me...

http://www.cthulhuthemovie.com/

Tits McGee said...

Are you flirting with me, Nick?

Also, Sysm's a perv, and Terasita is awesome.

Übermilf said...

You know what's good? These "brownie cookies" they make at my grocery store bakery.

Sysm said...

Ubie - shut your bong hole you smelly hippie.

Nick said...

I concur.

moxie's mom said...

I can't argue with that logic.

Übermilf said...

yeah, that's me. whatever.